Get active in South Tyneside
If you're after the more active day trip or holiday then South Tyneside has a whole range of activities to suit the most adventurous spirit!
- Walk or cycle the route of the South Tyneside Heritage Trail. This is a 26 mile trail that can also be split into smaller sections.
- Learn to horse ride at Lizard Lane Farm and go out on a trek.
- Spend the evening battling it out for the title of Champion at Dunes Bowl
Spend the morning or afternoon playing football in one of our parks or on the Dragon
- Go for a wall climb at Simonside wall climbing centre
- Race bikes at Gypsies Green
- Play basketball, skateboard or rollerblade in our skate park on the seafront
- Have a swim at Haven Point and play with friends or family in the bubble sprays
- Try your hand at crazy golf at Smugglers Cove or have a round of golf at one of our many golf courses.
- Ride the waves on a surfboard at Sandhaven Beach or take on the canoeing, windsurfing at Littlehaven
- Run the last mile of the Great North Run on our Leas